Presidents’ Day Quotes 2024 – Presidents Day is a US holiday observed every third Monday of February. President quotes are words that encourage professionals to direct employees to be more effective. They often contain statements about leadership.
The Presidents’ Day holiday, which is celebrated every third Monday of February, was originally planned to honor the birthday of George Washington. It has evolved into an occasion to commemorate every one of the American presidents. Here are some presidential quotes to commemorate Presidents’ Day.
The most valuable lessons to be learned from a look back in time and many of the principles of leadership have been around for a long time. Check out the following President’s Day list of iconic leadership quotes from fifteen American presidents. Include your most memorable presidential quote in the comment section.
Presidents’ Day Quotes 2024
- Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who make excuses.” ― George Washington
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” ― Barack Obama
- “You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.” ― Woodrow Wilson
- “Use power to help people. For we are given power not to advance our own purposes nor to make a great show in the world, nor a name. There is but one just use of power and it is to serve people.” ― George W. Bush
- “It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn’t.” ― Martin Van Buren
- “Times change, and we change with them.” ― William Henry Harrison
- “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” ―John Quincy Adams
- “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” ― Abraham Lincoln
- “No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” ― Calvin Coolidge
- “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
- “If I am shot at, I want no man to be in the way of the bullet.” ― Andrew Johnson
President quotes on leadership
- The ear of the leader must ring with the voices of the people.” ―Woodrow Wilson
- “Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it.” ―Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” ― Lyndon B. Johnson
- “In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “The test of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there.” ― James Buchanan
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, then you are a leader.” ― John Quincy Adams
- “The circulation of confidence is better than the circulation of money.” ―James Madison
- “Every expert was once a beginner.” ― Rutherford B. Hayes
- “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” ― John F. Kennedy
- “Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.” ―Theodore Roosevelt
- “A little flattery will support a man through great fatigue.” ― James Monroe
- “I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.” ― Woodrow Wilson
- “Those who have wrought great changes in the world never succeeded by gaining over chiefs; but always by exciting the multitude. The first is the resource of intrigue and produces only secondary results, the second is the resort of genius and transforms the universe.” ―Martin Van Buren
- “Don’t expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong.” ―Calvin Coolidge
- “There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.” ―Ronald Reagan
Hey! My name is Amit, and I run this blog. I enjoy locating the best deals for you so that you can save money! Aside from that, I'm also writing a blog about smart technologies that help us every day.